Dates and Times
- Sat, Nov 24, 2018 - Tue, Dec 25, 2018
Shop Small and share your support for the spots you call your own, whether it's your shoe store or even your one-stop ASU gear store. Places like these keep your community strong and vibrant, potentially employing your friends, family and neighbors. Shop Small beyond November 24th and enjoy this local love from from these Downtown Tempe businesses through December 25th!
• Cactus Sports - Cactus Sports is THE ONLY independently owned and alumni operated Arizona State University fan shop left in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area - doing business on Mill Avenue for 26 years and counting.
• Candy Addict - Candy Addict is a veteran- and minority-owned family business that has been serving up over 1600 kinds of sweet treats since 2010. There's something for everyone here, from popular and nostalgic candies to fun gifts and novelties.
• Creations Boutique - great prices and one of a kind pieces. We are a boho inspired store who caters to women with great sales with $10 and $15 items.
• Desert Roots Kitchen - We have an ever changing daily vegan menu featuring super protein wraps, kale salads, crazy hummus flavors, breakfast burritos, lentil salads, green smoothies, fresh baked treats, local Odelay Bagel sandwiches, fresh brewed iced teas, and also display local artwork for sale. For 6+ years we've been serving and catering nutritious healthy real food created among many local ingredients with no recipes nor measuring cups... simply mindful intuitive cooking. Look for our "paper bag menu" posted daily on Facebook & Instagram and find us hidden away in the Mill Ave Shops Courtyard #desertrootskitchen
• Hackett House Gift Shop - One of our unique features is that we of course, are housed in an historic property---Tempe's first bakery. In addition, we are a non-profit supporting Tempe Sister Cities so we are all tax free. Closed Dec 23 – Jan 6.
• Hippie Gypsy - Hippie Gypsy is not just a store, it's an experience! In addition to our unique and local products, Hippie Gypsy offers customers a genuine interaction and conversation with our friendly staff. In society that often feels like humanity has been replaced with technology, the staff at Hippie Gypsy is here as a reminder that human connection is important and appreciated. Hippie Gypsy has been in business nearly 20 years and has become a staple on Mill Avenue. Our staff takes pride in educating our customers on the functionality and features of the products we carry. Our products tell a story and remind our customers that they are not only supporting a local business but individuals in their community.
• La Bocca Urban Kitchen + Wine Bar brings together everyone’s all-time favorite Mediterranean and Italian ingredients. Our food is locally sourced and made fresh to order with only the finest ingredients. Offerings range from fresh basil and creamy hummus to savory prosciutto and fig bruschetta and made-from-scratch pizzas. You’ll also find an assortment of scrumptious sandwiches, fresh, zesty salads, hearty entrées and decadent deserts. In addition to the food, La Bocca boasts custom handcrafted cocktails and more than 100 wines from across the globe.
• Lotions and Potions - Lotions & Potions has everything you need to keep you smelling good and feeling better. Choose from a large selection of essential oils, candles, luxurious soaps, and lotions or visit the Scent Bar to mix your own Custom Scented Body Care.
• Ncounter - Ncounter is a special spot for breakfast on the run, or brunch with family and friends. Our Bloody Mary line up is a favorite among locals, especially the Bourban Mary. And our Red Velvet waffles were recently voted the Best in Arizona by the FoodNetwork. We’re serving Pumpkin waffles too, with brown sugar cinnamon butter, all through the Holidays. Open 7am – 3p daily.
• Pedal Haus Brewery - Locally owned brewpub featuring handcrafted European-style beers, a Belgian-American gastropub menu and large patio with beer garden.
• TCART Shop at TCA - The TCArt Shop features wall art, jewelry, scarves, tunics, glass and metal items, cards, CDs and more handmade by local and regional craftspeople and artists. With a broad price range, it’s the best place to find one-of-a-kind gifts for everyone’s shopping list.
• The Shoe Mill - The Shoe Mill has been doing business in Tempe, Arizona since 1987. Located in the heart of the Mill Avenue shopping district, the Shoe Mill started out primarily as a Birkenstock store during the late 80s and early 90s. For women looking for comfort and style, we have a number of funky, fun brands to choose from. We try to carry current styles and trends and often are the first to try new lines in our genre.
- Yucatecan Imports - This hidden Mill Avenue gems deals in a wide range of imports from dozens of countries. Family run business for 20 years; the owner travels to over 3 dozen different countries and 6 different continents. Everything handmade with unique jewelry, satchels, clothing and more!
- The Fabric Studio at FABRIC - The Fabric Studio is open to the public to shop affordable fabrics, trims and tools. Owners Mabel Cortez and Mari Elena Fagre opened The Fabric Studio on April 2017 due to the huge need for fabric sourcing in Arizona. They have helped their customers simplify the process by providing consulting services with a large scale of vendors. They ensure that designers fabrics are available for re-ordering to fulfill future orders for their collections. Both Mabel Cortez and Mari Elena Fagre have been designers for 10 years. They understand the needs of the designer as well as the fashion industry expectations. They are passionate about exceeding their customer’s requests.