Downtown Tempe Authority Workplan
OBJECTIVE ONE: Internal Improvements
Downtown Tempe Authority will be fiscally sound and managed responsibly and equitably with a trained professional staff and an engaged Board of Directors.
- Improve employee engagement, purpose, and sense of belonging.
- Execute technology advancements and sustainability efforts
- Improve financial sustainability of the organization
OBJECTIVE TWO: External Partnerships
Downtown Tempe Authority will be a trusted, engaged and invaluable industry expert with all local partners, agencies, government officials, business owners, landowners, donors and their representatives.
- Leverage our existing partnerships to achieve even greater results and demonstrate increased value.
- Continue to raise the bar with respect to our merchant support efforts
OBJECTIVE THREE: The Place
Downtown Tempe Authority will drive positive changes to the public spaces and ensure excellent consumer experiences in the urban environment.
- Produce high quality, inclusive community events that retain our existing guests and continuously draw new participants
- Constantly improve upon our cleaning, safety and parking operations to incorporate new advancements and leverage partnerships
- Incorporate art and local artists into the landscape of our downtown through concerted placemaking efforts throughout the year
OBJECTIVE FOUR: The Story
Downtown Tempe Authority will program, market and promote inclusive events and activations in the downtown and execute marketing/communications campaigns that support the district.
- Build a comprehensive annual marketing strategy that incorporates all our existing tools, our seasonal programs, and our stakeholders
- Utilize data to execute more impactful and succinct reports
Each year, we create a WorkPlan that addresses specific tactics to achieve the objectives within this five year plan. See the most recent plan below: