2. The Types Of Information You May Provide.
The Types Of Information You May Provide.
3. The Connection Between Personal Information And Our Services.
We only ask for and compile Personal Information that is needed to provide you with the Information Services that you seek from us. Certain Information Services may require a greater amount of information, and a broader scope of use for this information. Other Information Services, however, generally require less information. If you are uncomfortable with providing the requested level of information or with our use of this information for the purposes identified, you may simply decline to use those Information Services. You can still enjoy a wide range of features on our Website even if you choose not to provide us with Personal Information. Please read on to learn more about the relationship between our Information Services and your Personal Information.
4. Your Choices Concerning Personal Information; Our Collection and Use of Personal Information.
You decide whether you wish to provide us with Personal Information. We have structured our Website so that you may visit us and obtain information related to Downtown Tempe, AZ without revealing your identity, or providing any Personal Information. Please note, however, that certain services offered by US may require that you provide us with Personal Information. For example, you cannot apply to become a Downtown Tempe Member without providing us with Personal Information. In addition, you cannot post Business and Community Information on our Site without providing a level of Personal Information.
We collect Personal Information through the following means, and use this information for the following purposes, depending on the service you have selected:
- 4.1. Membership Applications; Events Participation.
- We collect Personal Information in connection with applications to become Downtown Tempe Members as well as for purposes of collecting any applicable fees related to events sponsored by us. For payments made using credit cards, debit cards, or checks, you will be asked to provide contact information (such as name, email address, and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number and expiration date). We use a reputable company to verify your credit or debit card information before billing your account. This information is used for billing purposes and to fill orders. If we have trouble processing an order, the information may be used to contact you.
- 4.2. Communications to Us.
- If you send us an email or letter with questions or comments, or if you provide your contact information when providing us with feedback about our Site, we may use your email address and other Personal Information included in your correspondence to respond to you or as otherwise set out in our Terms.
- 4.3. Staying Updated; Newsletters, Eblasts, and Other Communications to You.
- In addition, you may provide us with your email address and other Personal Information so that we can send to you urban design eblasts, newsletters, notifications, and other announcements concerning Downtown Tempe events and businesses, and other information relating to Downtown Tempe, our Site, and our Information Services. In addition, we may use your email address and other Personal Information to invite you to presentations, or other functions that we believe, or others involved with Downtown Tempe believe, may be of interest to you. You will have the ability to opt out of receiving these materials, as provided in Section 6 (How To Obtain Access To Information You Have Provided To Us, And How To Remove Your Information From Our Database).
- 4.4. Information You Wish To Post on the Site
- We allow qualified users to submit Business and Community Information for posting on our Site. Before permitting you to post information on the Site, we may ask you to provide Personal Information. We will use that Personal Information to track and monitor your postings, to notify you of issues with respect to your postings (where we deem advisable), and for related purposes. Please review Section 7 (Business and Community Information; Submitted Content) for information concerning how we treat the content (and any Personal Information contained in that content) you may submit for posting on our Site.
- 4.5. Surveys.
- We may conduct online and other surveys that you may complete on a voluntary basis. Information collected through the surveys will only be used for those purpose set out in the survey, unless you expressly agree otherwise.
- 4.6. Additional Informational Notices and Bulletins.
- Periodically, we may choose to send other news, bulletins, or other information to you, and will use Personal Information to send such communications. If we choose to undertake these communications, you will have the ability to opt out of receiving these communications as provided in Section 6 (How To Obtain Access To Information You Have Provided To Us, And How To Remove Your Information From Our Database).
5. No Unrelated Third Party Is Given Access To Your Personal Information.
Except as expressly stated in this Policy, we do not share with unrelated third parties any Personal Information that you provide to us. We will share your Personal Information with vendors that are involved in providing the Information Services we offer or that are involved in the operation and maintenance of our Site (collectively, the "Site Vendors"). Personal Information that we collect will be disclosed only to Downtown Tempe employees on a “need to know” basis for purposes of fulfilling their responsibilities. Please be aware that any Submitted Content that you provide will be publicly available and not treated as Personal information and, as such, you should be careful when providing such information.
6. How To Obtain Access To Information You Have Provided To Us, And How To Remove Your Information From Our Database.
To allow you appropriate control over your Personal Information, you can request access to review, change, update or delete Personal Information that you have previously submitted to us. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your Personal Information.
You also have the option to delete your name and other Personal Information from our databases. Please understand, however, that it may be impossible to remove this information completely, due to system backups and records of deletions. In addition, if you request deletion of your Information, you will be unable to utilize any Information Services associated with that Information. We will fulfill deletion requests within a reasonable time.
7. Business and Community Information; Submitted Content
8. Information That Does Not Identify You: Aggregate Information.
General information that describes our users’ activities, but that does not identify any particular user, is Aggregate Information. For example, the fact that our users spend the majority of their time browsing information about local restaurants would constitute Aggregate Information, if that the information does not identify a particular user. This information provides us with potentially useful data concerning our users’ preferences and the efficacy and interest of our Site and related Information Services. We use Aggregate Information to analyze the effectiveness of our Site and to improve our Information Services. From time to time, we may undertake or commission statistical and other summary analyses of the general behavior and characteristics of users participating in our Information Services and the characteristics of visitors to our Site, and may share Aggregate Information with third parties. Rest assured, though, that Aggregate Information provided to third parties will not allow anyone to identify you, or determine anything personal about you. We collect Aggregate Information through the following means:
- 8.1. IP Addresses; Logs.
- We may automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser, including your IP address (the Internet address of your PC), your computer's name, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses, where the computer is routing from, and other generally-accepted log information. We may also record page views (hit counts) and other general statistical and tracking information, which will be aggregated with that of other users in order to understand how our Website is being used, and for security and monitoring purposes.
- 8.2. Cookies.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, which is sent to your browser from a website's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies can be used to provide you with a tailored user experience and to make it easier for you to use a website upon a future visit. We may include cookies on our Website and use them to recognize you when you return to our Website. You may set your browser so that it does not accept cookies. Cookies must be enabled on your web browser, however, if you wish to access certain personalized features of our Information Services.
- 8.3. Tags.
- 8.4. Click-Throughs.
- We may send email messages which use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our Website. When you click one of these URLs, you pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. If we use this feature, we would track this click-through data to help determine our users' interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked simply do not click text or graphic links in the email, or notify us in accordance with Section 6.
10. Any Information Linked With Your Personal Information Is Protected As “Personal Information.”
11. How We Safeguard Information We Collect.
We have put in place security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of Personal Information you may provide to us, and we take reasonable steps to secure and safeguard this Information. Moreover, employees of Downtown Tempe are required to acknowledge that they understand and will abide by our policies with respect to the confidentiality of Personal Information.
Our security systems are therefore designed to deter and prevent hackers and others from accessing Personal Information you provide to us. We also use software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Please understand, though, that this Section 11 (How We Safeguard Information We Collect) should not be viewed as giving business, legal, or other advice, or warranting as fail-proof, the security of information submitted to our Site. Due to the nature of Internet communications and evolving technologies, we cannot provide, and expressly disclaim, assurance that the information you provide us will remain free from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorized access.
Persons who receive information in proper accordance with the procedures set out in this Section 12 (Exceptions) ("Proper Recipients") may be able to combine (i) information they properly obtain from us under this Section 12 (Exceptions), with (ii) other information they independently possess concerning you. As long as we comply with the procedures set out in this Section 12 (Exceptions) concerning the release of information, we will not be responsible for Proper Recipients' later use of this information.
- 14.1. “Aggregate Information” is defined in Section 2 of this Policy.
- 14.2. "Business and Community Information" is defined in Section 2 of this Policy.
- 14.3. "Information Services" or "Our Information Services" means the information made available on our Site including, but not limited to, information related to living, working, enjoying and visiting Downtown Tempe, VA.
- 14.4. “Personal Information” is defined in Section 2 of this Policy.
- 14.5. "Downtown Tempe Members" means those users of our Site that are property owners of real property within the Downtown Tempe parameters and those users of our Site that are tenants and other occupants of the real property of those property owners that register with Downtown Tempe.
- 14.6. "Site Vendors" is defined in Section 5 of this Policy.
- 14.8. "We,” “us,” and “our” refer to Downtown Tempe, as applicable.
- 14.9. “You” and “your” refer to: (i) visitors to our Site, (ii) anyone using our Information Services, (iii) Downtown Tempe Members.
15. Additional General Provisions.
- 15.1. Privacy Protection for Children.
- Our Website is not directed at children, and we will not accept or request Personal Information from individuals we know to be under 13 years old. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"), if we learn that a child under 13 years old has provided Personal Information, we will either (i) delete this information from our databases in accordance with our deletion procedures set out in Section 6 (How To Obtain Access To Information You Have Provided To Us, And How To Remove Your Information From Our Database), or (ii) obtain verifiable parental consent in accordance with COPPA.
- 15.3. Disclaimer Notice.
- 15.4. Site Privileges.
- You agree to refrain from activity that imposes an unreasonable burden on the Site, and we reserve the right, in our discretion, to limit the order quantity on any item and/or to refuse service to any customer who violates these provisions.
- 15.5. Choice of Law and Jurisdiction; Translations.
- 15.6. Links to Third-Party Sites.
16. Transfer of Site.
17. Complete Agreement.