Cashier / Parking Attendant
Basic Function: Utilizes a quality customer service orientation, receives payment from customers for parking services and facilitates the flow of traffic through the gate by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for being at work every scheduled day, on time and in uniform.
- Counts “bank” of revenue at the beginning of each shift to ensure starting total is correct.
- Collects cash and validations and maintains security of cash.
- Makes change and/or issues receipts or tickets to customers for each transaction.
- Computes or re-computes bill from tickets showing amount due from customer.
- Operates cash register after time calculation (manually or by machine) and calculates cost of transaction.
- Quotes prices for parking services for which money is received.
- Gives directions to customers for various locations in the city.
- Completes lost ticket forms when original tickets cannot be located.
- Resolves customer complaints independently or with the aid of a supervisor.
- Answers telephone (when applicable) in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Maintains cleanliness of booth and picks up trash in surrounding area.
- Conducts timely checks to see if a proper inventory of necessary work aids and supplies are located in the booth.
- Verifies log of shift transactions against “bank” of revenue on hand.
- Compiles “bank” of collected revenue during the day once a predetermined amount of money has been collected.
- Record amounts received, cars in and out of facility, cars left in a facility (if applicable) while preparing shift report of transactions.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience: less than high school experience or up to one month related experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to make change.
Language Skills: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, supervisors and other employees of the organization.
Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but standard written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other skills and abilities: ability to use clock (standard/military time), calculator (optional) or credit card machine to handle transactions. Ability to maintain a pleasant and mannerly demeanor when speaking on the telephone and with the public.
Physical Demands: the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. These demands are as follows:
- Must be able to stand or sit for a period of 8 hours.
- Must be able to withstand working for long periods of time outside in varying elements of seasonal and inclimate weather.
- Must be able to walk either inside or outside for long periods of time.
- Must be able to freely lift up to 30 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
$10.50 to $11 hour
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.