Trick-or-Treat in Downtown Tempe!
FREE TO PARTICIPATE
Sunday, October 25, 2020
12pm - 5pm
Ghosts, goblins, and princesses of all ages come to Downtown Tempe for some not-so-spooky Halloween fun. Join us for socially-distant trick-or-treating in an outdoor, open-air environment with downtown merchants, and don't forget to participate in our virtual costume contest for the chance to win some awesome prizes. While you're downtown check out Hayden Station for our Halloween themed self-serve photo booth.
Don’t forget your trick-or-treat bag and mask!
In an effort to avoid crowding, our annual costume contest for this year's event is virtual. Please read the instructions on how to enter below.
Snap a pic of you and your fam decked out in your Halloween costumes, then tag your picture on Instagram with the hashtag #HalloweenStroll2020. Our panel of jurors will pick the top 3 winners in each category and the winners will be announced on the official @downtowntempe Instagram page by Oct. 30, 2020.
- Most Scary
- Most Creative
- Best Group
- Best Pair
- Best Pet
- To enter the contest your Instagram account must be set to public during the contest duration (October 25 - 30, 2020).
- Entrants must use the hashtag #HalloweenStroll2020 to be considered for judging.
- Entrants are limited to winning only one (1) applicable category of the jury's discretion.
- While not required, we encourage entrants to take their contest photo in Downtown Tempe at the Halloween Stroll event happening on Oct. 25, 2020.
- All entries are due by Tuesday, October 27, 2020.
- Winners will be notified via Instagram direct message no later than Thursday, October 30, 2020.
- All photos that are submitted for the contest can be used on Downtown Tempe Authority's (DTA) social media channels and are property of DTA. DTA may use these photographs for future marketing purposes.
- Prize values range from $25 - $250 depending on award type. Prizes will consist of gift cards to a variety of Downtown Tempe merchants.
- Entries involving profanity, nudity, or inappropriate behavior will not be judged.
- Entrants who do not follow these stated rules will be disqualified from the contest and will not be entered into the drawing.
Did you know that there are free parking options on Sundays in downtown Tempe? 201 S. Ash Garage and all on-street meters are free on Sundays (event parking rates as posted*). To get to the Halloween Stroll, check out the location, know where to park, or explore public transit options.
There is so much to explore in downtown Tempe! Stop by the 6th Street Market the day of the Halloween Stroll for some extra not-so-spooky fun.
Questions? Contact Kim DeMeritt
Thank you to our 2019 sponsors and supporters...