699 S Mill Ave View on Google Maps
Tempe, AZ 85281
Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Additional hours by appointment.
With more than 3,500 objects and more than 5,000 square feet of open storage area, the Ceramics Research Center (CRC) is an important resource for artists, students and art enthusiasts to explore and enhance their understanding of the craft.
The ASU Art Museum was one of a few fine art museums to consciously undertake the building of a contemporary studio ceramics collection at a time when craft-based media was relegated as a decorative or minor art form. From its inception, the collection was displayed in open storage. This concept allows year-round access to a majority of our permanent collection, providing students, scholars and the general public an opportunity to view important works.
Every year, the CRC features three to five exhibitions on important movements and artists who have made significant contributions in the ceramics field. The holdings demonstrate the full range of technique, aesthetic approaches and possibilities within the medium. Major artists represented in the collection include Rudy Autio, Hans Coper, Ruth Duckworth, Shoji Hamada, Karen Karnes, Bernard Leach, Maria Martinez, Otto and Gertrud Natzler, Lucie Rie, Edwin and Mary Scheier, Angus Suttie, Akio Takamori, Peter Voulkos, Kurt Weiser and Betty Woodman, to name a few.
Parking: Metered street parking is available adjacent to the Brickyard as is paid underground parking (enter on 6th or 7th Street). Park on level B1 and take the elevator to PL (plaza). The ASU Art Museum Ceramics Research Center and Brickyard Gallery is in the east end of building, near the courtyard fountains.
- Detroit Coney Grill699 S Mill Ave (114 feet W)
- Slickables Ice Cream Sandwich699 S Mill Ave (137 feet W)
- Matsuri Izakaya on Mill699 S. Mill Avenue (169 feet NE)
- Ike's Love & Sandwiches699 S Mill Ave (198 feet N)
- Asurion Tech Repair & Solutions699 S Mill Ave (158 feet NW)
- Happy Healthy High Horny Herbs Shop609 S Mill Ave (159 feet NW)
- Urban Outfitters545 S Mill Ave (429 feet NW)
- T-Mobile777 S Mill Ave (436 feet SW)
Nearby Culture & Entertainment
- 6th Street Park24 E 6th St (415 feet NE)
- Centerpoint on Mill660-740 S Mill Ave (514 feet W)
- Snakes & Lattes20 W 6th St (649 feet NW)
- AMC Theaters at Centerpoint730 S Mill Ave (659 feet W)
- The Brickyard Parking Garage 6th St 6th St @ Mill (299 feet N)
- Tempe Town Center Lot20 E University Dr (317 feet S)
- The Brickyard Parking Garage 7th St 7th St @ Mill (331 feet E)
- Church Lot100 E 7th St (467 feet E)