Original Use: Flour Mill | Current Use: Historical Site
This Tempe landmark has welcomed visitors to Downtown Tempe for almost 100 years. Established by the Charles Trumbell Hayden family, the building operated as a flour mill for 80 years until its closing on April 1, 1998. The building remained mostly original with the exception of its electrification in 1924 and a grain elevator as added on to the original mill in 1951. The mill suffered a three-alarm fire in October 2002 but much of it remained intact due to its reinforced concrete structure.
The Hayden Flour Mill is currently a preserved historical landmark with a green space at the base.