401 S Mill Ave
Tempe, AZ 85281
CATEGORY: Historical Properties
YEAR BUILT: 1888
Originally constructed in 1888 by R.G. Andre, this building serves as one of the finest examples of Victorian and Neo-Classical architecture in Tempe. Andre originally intended for the building to host his saddlery on the lower floor with a boarding house and apartments on the top floor. Over time, the building has hosted a number of businesses to include an undertaker, a U.S. Post Office, and the Arizona Cotton Growers Association. The building suffered fires in 1899 and 1999, but were restored following each incident.