As we move into our event season, we are striving to support our vibrant downtown community in a safe and supportive way.
Over 68 percent of our downtown businesses are locally owned and this pandemic has impacted them in unimaginable ways. While we are doing our best to support these businesses through marketing, small activations and advocacy, one of the biggest missing pieces are events. In many ways, our events have made downtown Tempe a vibrant destination that so many of you know and love.
Although the future is uncertain, we hope to bring fun, engaging and safe events to downtown Tempe as a way to support the community and our struggling businesses, who rely on your patronage to support their livelihoods.
While we are modifying all of events to adhere to new safety guidelines, we hope our events will continue to be fun, engaging and community driven.
What We Are Doing
- All events are housed outside and are “open-air events.” These are deemed safer than indoor events by the CDC.
- We are following all health authority and governmental guidelines for health safety.
- We are enforcing the City of Tempe and Maricopa County mask mandate at all of our events.
- Hand sanitizer and hand sanitizing stations are easily available at all of our events.
- Complimentary masks are available at every check-in or information booth for those who do not have one.
- Socially distancing will be encouraged at all events produced by the Downtown Tempe Authority. When planning events, social distancing will remain a top priority.
- Event staff will monitor their health, check their temperatures prior to working, and must stay home if they have a fever or feel sick.
- We are requiring all attendees to stay home if they are sick or have any symptoms related to COVID19 or the Flu.
- All merchants participating in our events are required to follow all CDC, Maricopa County and City of Tempe guidelines.
What You Can Do
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wear a mask as mandated by the authorities when attending our events.
- Wash your hands often and utilize our hand sanitizer stations, as needed.
- Ensure you are being socially distant (6 ft. apart) from others not in your group
- If you can’t come to our events, help support our merchants and local artists by participating in the virtual version of the event.
- You can always explore take-out options, gift card options, and online ordering.
We want everyone to enjoy our events while being safe. We look forward to seeing YOU at the Tac-over Stroll coming October 17!
Be sure to check back on the status of the Fantasy of Lights Street Parade, Fantasy of Lights Boat Parade at Tempe Town Lake and the Tempe Festival of the Arts.
Our fall events are being produced with the utmost care adn we are so excited to invite you back to downtown Tempe!
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter