Triple digit heat means that summer is officially here…yay! Ok, I’m actually not excited about the next few months – walking through misters for a drop of moisture, getting in the car with oven mitts (do people actually do this?) and the swamp…you know what I’m talking about!
Thankfully, our downtown hospitality industry understands the summer struggle for us locals and tries to do what they can in order to make the summer a little more bearable. Within just 1 square mile, there are 4 staycation-worthy hotels that offer a place of respite with sweet summer deals. Whether you’re on a budget, just want to get away from home or are in need of a little R ‘n R, I encourage you to consider a Downtown Tempe staycation – act like a tourist that just arrived in your hometown and explore Downtown Tempe like a newbie.
Below are some of the highlights from Downtown Tempe’s top staycation spots.
Summer Sip & Splash at Tempe Mission Palms
- $25 food and beverage credit per night. Credit may be used at The Mission Grille, Harry's Place, or Cabana Bar & Grill
- Two (2) welcome drinks at Cabana Bar & Grill
- Offer good through Labor Day 2022
Summer on Sale at The Graduate Hotel
- Summer is on sale at The Graduate. Use code MORESUMMER to get 30% off any stay, now through 7/31/2022
- Graduate Tempe offers Malin + Goetz amenities, complimentary wi-fi and a cool outdoor pool.
- Graduate Food Hall is on site to order from a variety of favorites like Umami Burger, Sam’s Crispy Chicken, Krispy Rice and more—all in one place. Pro tip: grab a drink at the bar to enjoy with your meal.
The Arizonian at Westin Tempe
Westin Tempe is excited to introduce themselves to Arizona locals with a 15% off + $50 Food & Beverage Credit each day for Arizona residents. Enjoy the highest rooftop bar in the Valley at Skysill Rooftop Lounge and southwestern fine dining at Terra Tempe Kitchen & Spirits.
- 15% room rate & $50 Food & Beverage credit using promotional code: LPR What's this?
- Valid stay dates: May 30, 2022 - September 30, 2022
- The small print: Arizona proof of residency required at check-in; rates may vary; black out dates apply.
Day Passes & Cabanas at The Canopy Tempe
Not up to stay over for the night but needing some pool time? How about a staycation Day Pass or Cabana Package at The Canopy Tempe? Day Passes and Cabanas can be booked on Resort Pass.
Cabana purchases come with a cabana for up to 8 guests, 6 beers or white claws, a snack tray and two VIP towels that get you complimentary access to the pool any day of the week all Summer long until Labor Day.
Day Passes (starting at $35 per person) include:
- Outdoor heated pool
- Chaise lounge chairs (first come, first serve, and not guaranteed)
- Poolside food and drink service from Alibi
- Complimentary wifi
- Valet parking available for $12
- Live DJ entertainment on Saturdays from 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter